Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cilantro Lime Yumminess

This is my favorite marinade right now for chicken. Be sure to make extra for dipping!


Cilantro Lime Marinade/Dressing
In your Cuisinart blend blend blend...
1/2 C Olive Oil
1/4 C Lime Juice
1/4 C Orange Juice
2 cloves garlic
1 T honey
1 C packed cilantro
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 T crushed red pepper flakes (optional, but we love it)

We cut chicken breasts into chunks and marinade it for a couple of hours in a large ziplock then skewer up the chicken and grill on our outdoor BBQ. Served with a variety of veggie kabobs and a crusty loaf of french bread, it makes the perfect summertime dinner.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe. I just bought a bunch of cilantro to make salsa and was wondering how I'd ever use it all. There is also a good recipe from Everyday Food Mag that I made a few weeks ago.

Just blend these together in the food processor:
1 packed cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
coarse salt and pepper

Yum!

Alice said...

Yup, I'm going to make this later this week.

robin marie said...

you had me at lime & cilantro!

i'm a friend of bex and i just want to thank you for the awesome recipe. we had it for dinner today.

april said...

Sounds perfect for Sunday dinner!