Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fleet week part II

I also grew up watching airshows at Travis AFB, the more superior air base (compared to Moffett field). We would go every summer and watch the air show. By the time I was 6, I wanted to be a pilot. At the air show we could walk in and around the planes and sit in the drivers seat. I was hooked! I wanted to be a pilot soooo bad!

Those dreams were crushed in the 2nd grade. For show and tell, or career day, (I can't remember) an air force pilot came to talk to us and that was the day I learned you needed perfect vision to fly. My hand shot up in the air in disbelief and I remember badgering the poor guy to tell me it wasn't true. What a crushing day that was! There was no LASIK surgery back then.

Oh well, I guess biology isn't such a bad second choice.

1 comment: