Monday, December 15, 2008

sometimes i make biscotti

My good friend Kat taught me how to enjoy and then to make biscotti. I never thought I liked biscotti until Kat brought some to work a couple years back and then I changed my mind. My favorite has orange zest, pistachios and chocolate chips. The recipe is here. It took me a few batches to master the process but these days a batch of biscotti is no problem! The nice part about the recipe is that it's a base for any additions you want. I omit the currants and replace the white chocolate with semi-sweet. Why does white chocolate even exist?





10 comments:

Johanna said...

Those look gorgeous. I always wanted to make biscotti, but always thought it would be too complicated for me. Maybe I should give it a try. I like them with almonds, but I probably would like them with chocolate as well, orange sounds good too. I have never tried them with anything but different kinds of nuts - or plain.

Kylie said...

One time I had Biscotti that you made and it was SO DELICIOUS! I totally wish I could have some of that. Instead, I just had to eat the Delta Airlines Biscotti last night (not SO DELICIOUS).

april said...

I'm glad someone else doesn't like white chocolate.

Marjorie said...

hey! You found your ring!

Lindsay said...

Love that biscotti! I took home about 7 bags from your bridal shower and ate them all in a day and half! Glad you posted the recipe. I'll have to give it a try.

Leslie said...

I don't understand why white chocolate exists either!

And you're making me hungry...

Suzy said...

will you make us some over christmas?

Betsy said...

absolutely! shall i bring my own trader joe's pistachios?

Suzy said...

Um, absolutely! And some of those jelly candy wedges I love so much :)

Joey said...

Adorable necklace you're wearing, Bets. Love it! Also, if you're making Trader Joe's run, I'd love some Sweet & Salty trail mix.
Thanks! Love you!