Tuesday, August 25, 2009

mission how I love thee

A couple weekends ago we went to the Mission with the McMillan's to grab some dinner. The Mission has become a great destination in the city to do a food tour. We decided to partake of a cheese steak at Phat Philly. I have only spent time in the Philadelphia airport on a layover so I have no idea if it's true or not but these sammies are authentic.
Betsy is so excited to eat a cheese steak. She went with the classic with provolone
I went with the mushroom steak with the Cheddar beer sauce!
I think the McMillan's went with the classic with the beer sauce as well. Happy customers.
Afterwords we decided to walk the 6 or so blocks to bi-rite creamery in the hipster district to get a sweet treat. We figured we needed to walk our cheese steak off and the subsequent ice cream we were about to eat. There is always a line so we burned calories standing as well.
On our way back both Liz and Betsy gravitated to this street sign. I have no idea why since they both shun this name for a shorter, nickname version.

The mission never disappoints

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You mean you didn't get your cheesesteak "whiz wit"?