Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Banana muffins

I don't have a favorite banana bread recipe. I love banana bread but everytime I make it I feel like I search online until I find a recipe that strikes my fancy and I'm never blown away with the results. Last night I had four of the blackest bananas ever ready to be turned into something delicious. I stumbled upon this website. I'm excited to check out more of her recipes because this banana muffin recipe was perfection. Super easy. Super moist. Super yum. I replaced 1/2 the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and I added chopped walnuts and they worked out great.

(worst iPhone pic ever)


Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins)
3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the blacker the better & I used 4 for extra moisture)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes.

The batter seemed really thick as I was spooning it into the muffin tins but the texture of these came out perfectly. I also filled them right up to the top and they didn't puff up all the much so this batter made 12 exactly for me. I made up a little crumb topping for mine as well but in the end it wasn't necessary and I don't think I'll do that next time. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Katie Blacker said...

these look/sound super yum! I was so sad to hear about little Cooper. I can't imagine going through something like that. Please send them my love!!!!