Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shredding the GNAR!

On Saturday I was lucky enough to go snowboarding at SnowBasin. Tons of snow had been falling since we got to Utah on Wednesday and I knew it was going to be fun. My future brother-in-law took me up to the resort in his big truck which gave us a chance to bond as we searched for the ultimate stoke.

At SnowBasin they use a gondola system that can hold up to 8 folks at a time in an enclosed chairlift. At first I didn't like them because you have to unstrap from your board but then suddenly realized that I was protected from the elements as we rode up the mountain. We were able to document our day without fear of dropping my iphone.



We also met up with the Bates-McMillan alpine ski team. Michael and Jeremy.


and Liz and Ryan. We ruled the mountain.


Here we are soul riding. The top is me and the bottom is Ryan. Not bad for a camera phone.

Liz got a new pair of skis and appeared to be having a great time.

Jeremy had to take a quick break from the gnar.

Unfortunately Ryan's strap broke on the top of the mountain and he had to board down without his front binding. I have experienced this trauma before and can tell you firsthand it's gnarly but Ryan was able to get down ok. We had to stop at the lodge for repairs before we could continue.


All in all it was a great day. My legs were pretty worked at the end of the day but I didn't wake up sore in the morning which is a good thing. Not like the last adventure with Ryan.

Welcome to the family bro.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks stev-o it was way fun shredding the gnar!!! im excited to be part of the fam!!!

Betsy said...

So hardcore. All of you.

Suzy said...

I LOVE YOU BOYS! It was so fun to have you here for Christmas! Miss you and Bets already!